So it is currently the end of 2015, and a lot has happened this year. I’ve had to change my priorities, make sacrifices, and not always get to do the things that are fun, but instead to what’s necessary.
I always strive to be better with my finances and travel more, I definitely made some changes for the better in 2015 financially. Hopefully in 2016 I’ll be able to reap the rewards of these actions with more traveling.
- This has been however, the first time in a pretty long time where I don’t really know what I want to achieve in the coming year. I have a few ideas but they are still at the point of just floating around in my head. One goal I had is already completed as I just accepted a new job, that puts me back in my area of specialty: Diabetes Management. I’m so excited about this opportunity, and making some headway with it in 2016 and years to come after that.
- Another thing I would at least like to start in 2016 is writing a book. It sounds so scary to say that “out loud”, or into print. This has been something that has been floating around in my mind for a little while now. I personally think I’m hilarious, so why not? Plenty of people without credentials or legitimate experience write books -so why not this gal?!
- I’d also like to start a podcast to accompany this blog. In my mind this will likely require a sidekick, but I’m not convinced on that yet. I already have a list of topics ready to go, at this point I’m really not sure what’s stopping me. Other than that I think I sound like an 8 year old kid when I’m recorded
- In 2016 I am going to run a sub 4:30 marathon, a sub 2 hour marathon, a 50 minute 10k, and break 25 minutes in the 5k. It’s happening, I’ve already started a build up plan to crush these goals, and to get ready for marathon #3 in April
- I’m going to do at least one destination race (other than Glass City). I don’t care if it’s a half or full or whatever, I am going to go somewhere new and do a race.
I feel like that is a pretty ambitious start for goals in 2016, so I think it’s safe to leave this list as is for now 🙂